Tuesday 27 July 2010

Day 37. Ludington to Mount Pleasant

Breakfast at 6.30 followed by loading at 7 and a fast getaway.  I was in the market for a new car but with 113 miles to go, I thought I might have some better options later in the ride!
If this is Big Jackson, I wonder what Small Jackson is like?



We cycled through some seriously diverse areas today and I was chased by an alsatian dog.  I remembered Mr Perry's words of wisdom and as it got close to me, I shouted, "Git in the truck"in my best Michigan accent.  Amazingly, the dog stopped instantaneously and I pedalled furiously onwards , hoping it would not realise it's mistake.  Cheers Andy!!
As I pedalled on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, I thought this offering might be more my style


but I did wonder what they watched on television?



Now that is a satellite dish and a half!
At the time I took this picture, I glanced at my cycle computer which said 89 degrees and thought I would probably be OK.



And this got my vote for 'House Of The Day'
Our third SAG stop at 82 miles was at the local Senior Centre. It is a new experience every year for the residents!!! This was in the Gent's.
I passed through this area a quickly as I could just in case!
I did wonder if this family would do a trade in?


This was an interesting but rather undulating day and I was glad to get to the hotel. No more centuries, ever!
Today's Stats.
Mileage - 113
Climbing - 2410 feet
Time in saddle - 9hrs 20 mins
Average Speed  - 12.1 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment