Wednesday 30 June 2010

Boise to Mountain Home

.Today was just 53 miles and to my great delight there was a strong Westerly wind from the beginning.  We climbed a bit out of Boise and I discovered that while we often have 'No Ball Games' signs at home, sporting activities around here are a bit different.  I am not sure I would feel confident in asking to have my ball back!

The majority of the route was fairly flat and the locals were quite inventive with the names of their farms
I even got to meet one of them though he was a bit vertically challenged. I tried to engage him in a discussion about his views on Obama but he just sat on the fence!

So that was it on what was a most enjoyable return to cycling after my day off.  97 miles tomorrow so an early start beckons and we are all praying that the strong Westerly continues.
Today's Stats
Distance - 53 miles
Climbing - 1600 feet
Time in Saddle - 3 hours 57 mins
Average Speed 13.3 mph
Time in Saddle - 3 hours 57 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment