Tuesday 3 August 2010

Day 44 Niagara to Henrietta

We loaded at 06:30, had breakfast and began to head East. The temperature was reasonable and we had a SouthWesterly breeze to help us along.  The initial terrain was pretty flat and I was happy to get to the first SAG at 33 miles having averaged 13 mph. Things began to get quite humid after that. We passed through international territory with names such as Riga and Bergen appearing.
I enjoyed the humour of this house owner.

And this was my house of the day.

I don't know whether I was just well rested after a day off but I felt much stronger today and spent more time going up small inclines while standing on the pedals rather than sitting down.  All will be revealed tomorrow!
After getting to Henrietta, I went for a wander and found these amazing trucks!


Americans do this kind of thing so well.  Move over Eddie Stobart!
Today's Stats
Mileage - 82
Climbing - 1550 feet
Time in saddle - 6 hrs 13 mins
Average Speed - 13.1 mph

1 comment:

  1. Dont fancy the ground clearance on that truck much! Not long now and you will be home! Really enajoying the blog Ian, Chris

    ReplyDelete