Monday 26 April 2010

Continued Improvement

196 miles this week so very much on schedule. I was particularly pleased with last Sunday's 50 mile run as I averaged 12mph for the first time. In fairness, it was a calm day which seems to make all the difference as no matter how much psychological benefit I get from the wind being with me, when it is against me, it slows me down much more than I gain the other way. I had a bit of a scare on Wednesday as I pulled my lower back whilst playing golf. (Yes, a day off cycling means playing golf, can't be bad!!!). I came in after 9 holes, took a couple of Ibuprofen tabs and read a book. I had a couple of twinges the next day (62 mile run) but found if I stopped and had a couple of minutes rest, the feeling went away and all seems well now. Long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment