Friday 14 May 2010

My New Ring

What a difference a new ring makes. No, I haven't had haemorrhoids treated, I am referring to my new 42 tooth chainring. I tested it along (or should I say up), a regular route, climbing up to Westerhope then Ponteland, Ogle, Whalton, Morpeth, Ulgham and back round by Blyth and Seaton Delaval. What a remarkable difference it made. I reckon it has given me maybe 4 lower gears and I have found pedalling so much easier, indeed, my speed up hill seems to have increased as I have been able to just keep pedalling without putting much strain on myself. I didn't notice much difference in the higher gears which surprised me a little. Anyway, it is a vast improvement. I now have a stinking cold and chesty cough but the forecast is good tomorrow so I plan to test myself in Cyclone territory again and see if I can pedal up the inclines that I was unable to before.
http://www.justgiving.com/Ian-Peden

No comments:

Post a Comment